Wednesday, May 08, 2013

The Suffering State of Suffrage in the Philippines.


With the upcoming local elections less than a week from now, I talked to a few people about what they think of the upcoming elections.  Most of the "Intellectually-Capable" voters I talked to are not even considering casting their votes.  It's funny how these people now say that they will not vote simply because they don't believe in the system.  I wonder how they would react if the right to vote is removed from them simply because the system doesn't believe that they are capable of making the right decisions?

In the past, so many people have fought to obtain the rights to suffrage (mostly women) and I feel that they have fought in vain whenever these select individuals refuse to exercise their right to vote.  Browsing the internet, I found out that there are countries that compel their citizens to vote whenever there are elections (Argentina, Australia and Brazil are just a few).  I now think that this Compulsary Voting should also be enforced here in the Philippines and now I'm thinking they will start deciding as soon as they are at the polls.

Going to the point, what I hate about these people refusing to vote is that they are primarily the ones that complains the most about their public officials.  Bottomline, If you don't vote then don't complain.  You had your chance to make a difference and make your choice be considered but you waived it.

NOW VOTE UP OR SHUT UP!




5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
CyberKill said...

FYI, Comments deleted were all spam links. Just in case people would think that I delete comments that are against my opinion, I don't.